15 July 2008

Day Eleven - 2663.7mi

Olá!
For all you worry warts, I seem to have spent 8hrs in Mexico today, riding about 250km without getting into any trouble. In fact, I had a great time in Ensenada. There were no cruise ships in so it was pretty quiet around town.

The giant flag in Ensenada is as far south as this trip goes, so out came the Disagreeable Rabbit for yet another photo shoot:
"I hate taking photos. Why does he drag me all over the planet?"

The nicest building in town is the former "Speakeasy" and Casino, Riveira Pacifico, allegedly funded by Al Capone. It's still very well kept today:
The long way back included a detour on Highway 3 to Tecate, which is much easier crossing than Tijuana. The road is also way better for motorcycling; along the way are some incredible mountain passes in the tundra/desert - temperature was over 100F!
It's mostly northbound from here, but my back tire is totally worn after today's roads. A new tire is waiting, but it's 450miles away in San Jose... Let's hope it holds together on the I-5!

No comments: